Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gopher Football

With all the news yesterday surrounding the Favre signing, I thought I would plug the Gophers. Season tickets came in the mail yesterday and it got me excited about the upcoming season. This Saturday is the Summer Scrimmage and season ticketholders can go and sit in their new seats and check them out. I gave mine to my brother Ryan and he is going to take the kids and let me know how the seats look.
I also had a client call yesterday who is putting together a group order for a Favre jersey. He has over 100 already on his list. He said they weren't NFL replica jerseys but look just like them with Favre on the back. They sell for $22 so if anyone is interested I will add you to the list. I personally don't really care about wearing jerseys, but I took one as my client was selling (brown noser)!
My good friend Mark Escen is flying in from Switzerland next week for 2 weeks to catch the opener. I have never seen Gopher fans this excited. Now the real question is, how long does that enthusiasm last? If the team stinks, the stadium euphoria will wear off quickly. My sister and brother in law Tom cannot make it to the 1st game as they have a good friends wedding (I told Tom if he was a good friend he would have gotten married a different day), but Tom was checking to see if any of his family members wanted the tickets, if not, I will have 2 extra so if anyone who reads this blog (so George, Mom, and Emily) let me know if I can get those tickets if you want to go to the opener!
Raining here today, quiet day in the markets. Nicole only sees 1 client today and is spending the rest of her day working on her dissertation. If you talk to her ask her how it is going. She is the Queen of Procrastination but always seems to get her important things done. Not to put any pressure on her, but she doesn't graduate if this paper is not done! Let's get her graduated! She has until October 17th for it to be signed OFF by her committee. She got a nice certificate yesterday from the consortium up here (what does consortium mean anyway) as she has officially satisfied her 2000 hours of residency!
My mom started her new job Monday at the Advanced Press in Springfield. I was so happy that she found something so close to home and won't have to be commuting to New Ulm or Sleepy Eye everyday, especially in the winter. They are going to work her a little harder than she wanted, 4 days/week, she was hoping for 3, but she get 3-day weekends every week as she has Friday's off. I talked to her on Monday night after her 1st day and she was a tired girl, yawning all the way through our conversation. I think that is because I am boring to talk to, but it probably was because she spent the previous 3 days working her tail off for the Senn Family reunion. 65 people came to my Aunt Jeanie's farm in Mapleton, MN. Senn is my maternal grandmother's (Grandma Connie) maiden name. Ryan and I were the only two dopes who didn't show up. We had our PGA tickets bought a year in advance before the reunion was even scheduled, but still were bummed we didn't make it. Grandma was bummed too. My great Grandpa Senn, his name was Harold, but he went by H.F. I always thought that was cool to go by your initials. He owned a garage in Easton, MN, he was a mechanic. I never met him that I remember, he died when I was 3 or so, but mom showed me a picture of me sitting on his lap I believe.
Have a great day and Go Gophers!

No comments: