Monday, October 19, 2009

Fast Tiring Weekend, BUT FUN



Miss Hattie just loves Uncle Jason (and he thinks the same of her!)







Last week for us was great. We met Ryan, Emily, Hattie, Orlin, and Julie at Salut in Edina for dinner on Wednesday night. We were celebrating Hattie's 1st birthday. She was such a good girl, I don't call her a baby anymore. She is getting very tall in my opinion and cuter by the day. She got a nice tea set from Auntie Coco that she lost interest in very quickly (whatever, it kept her entertained at the end), but maybe will play with someday. We had a nice dinner and it is always great to see family.

On Friday Nicole and I went to Las Vegas for a little work related trip. We were only in Las Vegas for 42 hours and not a lot of that was sleep. We were GO GO GO for that 42 hours and feeling a bit tired today. We stayed at the Palazzo, which is a Venetian property. It was amazing, the room was HUGE, over 700 square feet with 3 TV's and a sunk in living room. The shade on the window and drapes was remote controlled so in the morning when we woke up, I hit the button and the drapes opened and the shade went slowly up. Our view was the mountain and the Wynn golf course so it was very cool. I would much rather have some nice landscape to look at than the Vegas Strip. When we arrived on Friday, my first order of business was to get some money on the Gophers to cover an 18 point spread against Penn State (doh!) I had 2 guys from the office who wanted money on the game and I did as well. Well, we lost 20-0 and the money was lost. How sick was it we got stuffed 4th and goal from the 1 yard line. After my wager was placed, we went to a wine tasting and then a welcome reception at the V Bar, a cool spot in the Venetian Hotel. On Saturday Mark and I were consumed with meetings from 9-4 while Nicole and Karen took care of show tickets and did some shopping and some pool lounging. Mark and I enjoyed the meetings very much and learned a lot. After the meeting the fun began. We headed to the pool to be with our beach babes. I got the white belly out and scared most of the people away. We then headed to dinner at David Burke restaurant. It was very good...lobster and braised beef short ribs were one of the 5 courses. Nicole and I then headed to see Jay Leno live. He did a monologue for 90 minutes without stopping. That man talks supper fast and has a lot to say. It was quite good and of course, funny. It was a very fun weekend...good food and wine. Las Vegas is a great place to people watch for sure.

No comments: