Friday, December 17, 2010

Looking forward to the weekend!

If you read the previous blog post, you know that Jason was in CA with the guys and I went to Chicago. After work last week Thursday, my friend Lindsey and her two kids(Ella and Kingston) and I drove to Chicago. We stayed with the Winslades who also have a home in Troy Burne. Our plan was to head back to Hudson on Sunday. Well, with all the snow, we decided Sunday morning that it would probably be best to wait until Monday to head back. Stretches of Hwy 94 were closed down and driving was not suggested. We were able to do a lot of fun things while in Chicago. Friday we just went shopping on Michigan Ave, visited the Zoo Lights at the Lincoln Park Zoo and went out to dinner with "the girls." Our friend Gina invited one of her friends, Laurie to join. We tried a newer sushi place downtown and ended up having a little sushi, but the best sweet potatoe fries ever (we had 2 orders!) and this donut filled with molten chocolate. On Saturday, we went to a Christmas Tea at the Palmer House Hotel. It was very fancy and fun. It was the four adult women and 4 little girls. The girls had lots of energy and excitement. Since we stayed another night, we were able to join the Winslades at the Joffery Ballet of The Nutcracker on Sunday afternoon. This was my first ballet and I thought it was wonderful. The dancers have amazing talent and the music was great. After the show, we went to an authentic Italian restaurant in the Winslades neighborhood. It was very good, but very filling. On Monday morning we headed back after the rush hour traffic died down.

I unfortunately wasn't feeling too well earlier in the week before we left. I felt fine on the trip and then when I got home on Monday, my ear started hurting. When I woke up on Tuesday morning, it felt like I was on a plane because of the pressure in my ear. I went to Urgent Care on Wednesday night because I was in a lot of pain. Turns out that I had an ear infection. The medication has helped with the pain, but I still cannot hear 100%. It is getting better though. This was my first trip to Urgent care, ever. I was not too impressed with the doctor. I was actually the only patient there and he was out the door so fast I didn't even get to ask him a question. I tracked him down though, but again very short with his answers.

We are looking forward to this weekend--tonight and tomorrow especially (read below). I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Nicole

No comments: