Sunday, February 27, 2011

Low-Key Weekend

After a great birthday week Nicole and I kept it pretty low key this weekend. Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes this week. After turning 33 on Thursday I am still feeling young and still very motivated to do a lot of things in my life. (it's amazing how fast years go by).
On my birthday we worked like any normal Thursday. I went out of drinks after work (Hotel Ivy) with one of my coworkers (we cut out a little early) and Nicole was still working. After that Nicole and I went to dinner at a small restaurant in S. Minneapolis called Cafe Levain. It is a French restaurant and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend it and I would recommend it quickly because I am afraid they are going to go out of business. On a Thursday night from 6-8 p.m. we were the only diners there. We had the entire restaurant to ourselves with a well-known chef and 3-4 waitstaff. Nicole joked with our waittress that she rented out the whole restaurant for my birthday. We enjoyed great food and dessert and a very nice bottle of wine. It was our first bottle of Caymus, a wonderful Cabernet from Napa Valley (Rutherford to be exact). Well worth the hype.
Nicole got me some golf attire for my birthday, she wants me to look more like Rickie Fowler minus the good looks and good golf game. I am thinking about growing my hair backout circa 1998.
We gave up our Gopher hockey tickets for Friday night so we could relax at home and watch the game. It was a great weekend for the seniors as the Gophers swept Michigan Tech. They continue to improve their position and hope to see them do well in the WCHA playoffs that are coming up, and hope to make the NCAA tourney.

No comments: