Friday, March 18, 2011

Demolition Day

This week has gone by quickly. The markets have been very volatile with the crisis in Japan hitting a lot of the markets we trade. Sharply lower and now back to sharply higher. Missed a ton of opportunity, but didn't do anything too dumb.
Tomorrow I am heading to my brother Ryan's for some basement demolition. He is finishing his basement and the process begins tomorrow with the "wrecking crew" (Andrew and I) coming to start knocking down walls. Andy has purchased a Minneapolis condo and will be moving out next week as he has been living with Ryan since last August. Ryan now has the green light to begin his basement construction.

Nicole is on call this weekend so she will likely be heading to the hospital in the morning while I get my SLEDGE HAMMER on. This might just be the market stress reliever I need.

Last night for St. Patrick's Day Nicole and I went to Jeb and Kaylan's to see our little friend Hudson. Jeb and I hashed out the Men's Golf season as he and I have taken on the role of co-commissioners again this year. We are gluttons for punishment. It looks to be another good golf season at Troy Burne. Troy Burne recently hired the Food/Beverage manager from Hazeltine to handle our new restaurant. We are hearing new grills put in as the Panino ovens come out. There are plans for a new bar and a patio overlooking the pond/lake on hole number 10, which we have always envisioned. We'll see what happens this year, but we know for sure the restaurant has a new focus this year and we are certainly looking forward to that.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

the ritchie's said...

ooh can't wait to come back to the club for some more good food. I did however like the Panini's that I tried there. A patio sounds lovely. Have a great weekend you two.