Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Update

Good morning. We have had a lot of new things going on since my last post, sorry for the long absence. I'll just highlight some of the last 15 days in no particular order

-Grandma Connie (mom's mom) had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. She begins her radiation this week. This surgery took place on May 27th. We continue to keep her in our prayers.
-We ran in the Get Your Rear In Gear 5k on Sunday May 22nd: We do this each year to honor/remember our dad who passed away from Colon Cancer. We had a good turnout for racers/walkers this year with 19 participants. We ran/walked in the rain but it was pretty warm. Thanks to all for participating
-I did a TV interview with Fox Business on Wednesday May 18th. I talked about ethanol and it went ok. I wasn't thrilled with it, but I didn't freeze up either and the questions were not pre-planned, it was all live and "on the spot" which is tough to do.
-We had our first Couple's League last Friday evening and it was cancelled due to rain. We had 15 couples dine together at the new restaurant at Troy Burne.

Memorial Day Weekend was a lot of fun. We played golf around the rain showers and BBQ'd also around the rain showers. Overall it was very relaxing, Nicole was on call at the hospital but only got called in on Saturday so she had Sunday and Monday off which was nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason you did get great on the Fox Business interview, I was sure the way you answered the questions that you knew ahead of time what they were going to ask-Great job. We'll keep your Grandma in our prayers as well. Michelle

the ritchie's said...

I agree with Mom...you did GREAT on the interview. We are excited to see you both on Friday.

The Wards said...

No, in fact we talked about just the opposite beforehand. We talked about corn acres and how much rain the Midwest has had and what that was going to do to corn prices, in turn ethanol profitability. You can tell this by the first part of my interview that I was planning on going in a different direction, but it didn't work out that way. Charles had one thing on his mind and that was to bad-mouth ethanol which is fine, it's his show, but I wanted to try to point out some of the positives that the sector brings. I'm actually mixed on ethanol with it pros/cons, but no way on national TV was I going to bite the hand that feeds Nicole and I which is US corn producers. :)