Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are very thankful to be with our families this blessed Thanksgiving Day!
Nicole and I have a lot to be thankful for this year as we have every year.
We are in Springfield today after attending a funeral yesterday in Mapleton, MN for my grandma, who passed away at 86 years of age. She was my stepmother Paula's mother, but she has been my grandma since I was 2 and my brother Ryan was 4. She always treated us the same as her "real" grandchildren so we didn't know any better that she wasn't our grandma, so to us she was. It was a nice service and she was buried in Fort Snelling
So today we are going to eat like 5 different times with Nicole's family and my family. We live about 4 blocks apart from each other in Springfield so it's pretty easy to bounce back and forth.
My grandpa and grandma Will are here today from Mapleton. It is very exciting that they are here with us today as we don't get to see them very often. Grandpa and I have already discussed the in's and out's of the corn market as he is a retired farmer and loves to talk about it.
With Nicole's family it is a very special Thanksgiving because we have a new niece this year, Hattie Georgina. She arrived last night from Detroit Lakes and we passed her around like a hot potato. She is so cute and Zander is our nephew and he is also the best. Last night we played football in the living room, and it was hilarious. Zander would pick up the football and say "tackle me papa" and run right at Grandpa George.
We want to say Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbors in Troy Burne, Jeb and Kaylan and Brian and Dina. We miss you guys and I hope you guys have a great day. We'll see you this weekend.
Have a great day everyone!

No comments: