Monday, July 13, 2009

This Past Weekend



Jason and I spent the weekend up north together. We were able to golf twice and enjoy the perfect weather. Jason left Sunday morning to get home to play in one of the many golf events at Troy Burne....at least he won. The above pictures are two holes from The Quarry Golf Course at Giant's Ridge. Jason and I love this course because of it's beauty and ruggedness. The tall thick grasses will eat your ball up, so this course is very challenging. Below is Jason standing on the 18th hole which overlooks the Embarass Pit which is 550 feet deep! This is an old mining pit--the water is caribean blue.



One thing about living up here and having to spend a lot of time apart from Jason, I have learned that "goodbyes" are difficult for Jason. I love to cherish every last moment and he would rather wave a magic wand and we would be apart. I think things like this are so interesting and it is what makes each of us unique. Well, I only have 6 weeks left up here before I will be back in Hudson for good! I cannot wait. I have really enjoyed my time up here, but I am getting restless to get back to my home in Hudson. I cannot wait to be living with Jason permenantly. In the 5 1/2 years that we have be married, very little of it (less than a year) has been by ourselves. We lived with friends for 8 months while our house was being built. Then we took care of my sisters dog, Punky while she was studying abroad--actually he moved in with us. Then my sister and her son lived with us for about a year or so. One of my other sisters lived with us for awhile as well. And then I have been up here for the past 11 months. I cannot wait for it to be just the two of us.

No comments: