Monday, September 20, 2010

Club Championship

This past weekend was a big golf weekend at Troy Burne. It was our annual Club Championship. We had 20 golfers participate in the tournament and I finished in 6th place. While not what I was hoping for, it was a good weekend. My friend Brian Thompson repeated as champion shooting 78, 74 for a 2-day total of 152. I shot a 168. It was not my weekend so I have to keep practicing.

We had a great night on Saturday night after the golf was over. We watched Gopher football which wasn't too bad and then we went to Dock D with our neighbors to go out on their new boat. We had 5 couples aboard "Knot On Call". We had appetizers and drinks and took a nice cruise down the St. Croix River. After a couple hours we went back to the dock and walked to Pier 500 for dinner. It was a great evening spent with friends.

On Sunday I teed off early at 8:30 a.m. and Nicole was on call and headed to the hospital. I finished golf around 2:00 p.m. and watched the Vikings crumble yet again with the guys at the club. Nicole got home from work around 3:30 and we headed to Stillwater to look for cameras. Nicole is into antique cameras now and found a cool one on Sunday.
After Stillwater we came home as Nicole had dictating to do. After that we went to the Troy Burne Park for our annual Ice Cream Social. We had the Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream cart and Caribou Coffee there. We had over 100 homeowners show up and it was a beautiful sunset over the river.

1 comment:

the ritchie's said...

Hey, nothing wrong with 6th place. You are both great golfers. Why didn't Nicole golf in the tourney?!?! The boys are afraid to lose to her aren't they. haha.
Hope the rain holds off for Saturday's game. I will keep my fingers crossed because it doesn't look good right now.