Monday, October 11, 2010

A Weekend of Celebration!

Saturday Oct 9th, 2010: We had a lot to celebrate this weekend. Nicole's graduation ceremony and also George's 51st birthday. It was a beautiful fall day but it almost felt like summer. Skies were clear and we topped out at 84 degrees. We started the morning out like the procrastinators that we are. First we had to put the mower back together as I took it apart to sharpen the blades on Thursday and couldn't get it back together. My "smarter than me" wife helped me figure it out in the morning so we could get the lawn mowed before company arrived that afternoon. I mowed the grass and Nicole went for a run and then we hurried to get ready. She had to be at the ceremony an hour early so we hit the road at 10:00 a.m. Joining us for the graduation ceremony were Nicole's parents, grandparents---Edward and MaryAnn Tauer and Karen Coners. My mother, Maryann Ouverson also joined us. After the ceremony, we headed to our home in Hudson to enjoy some food and cake. We all had a great time visiting and catching up on our lives. Nicole's sister, Allison also was able to join us. 







After the celebration was over my mom, Nicole and I went to one of the Troy Burne lookouts and drank wine and watched the sunset over this beautiful State Park overlooking the St. Croix River. The wine was good too!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Congratulations to you Nicole! Great pictures :)

Pam Tauer said...

congrats Nicole..what a wonderful accomplishment...many years of hard work and dedication with a wonderful husband by your side!!
Pam