Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Few Updates

Sunday we were snowed in as 12 inches of fresh snow fell. It didn't blow around like you typically get with a MN winter so it was actually a very nice day. It was just too cold to do anything and apparently the wind was blowing elsewhere in the state as travel was not advised. I decided to stay home from my meeting in Mpls and I'm glad I did because they canceled on Monday morning due to the inclement weather. The only thing inclement about the weather is that it is FREEZING! The snow we love and can handle, but this temperature is not even close to normal. This is a cold like I have never felt before and there is nothing good about it. They say at -31 real temp, which it was this morning that you will get frostbite in 10 minutes. I am proud to say the 1997 Land Rover started with no problem this morning (ha ha Jeb who thinks it is a piece of crap). Luckily gas is cheaper because letting it warm up for 20 minutes can't be good on mileage. I gave Nicole a ride to work the last 2 mornings because her car was in the shop getting a block heater. It is done now so we'll plug it in tonight and see how it works. I never thought I would miss a garage so much.
We have been skiing each day and I even snuck out yesterday after work (3:30 isn't too early to leave the office is it?) The powder was great but I learned quickly that I am not in "powder shape" as my thighs were burning after 2 runs.
The cold is supposed to last all week with the best day being Thursday at 13 above and more snow coming Friday (another 4 inches forecast).
We are safe and sound up here though, just making cookies for Christmas and warm soups/chili's each night!
Can't wait to see you all at Christmas! Be safe in your travels!

No comments: