Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Past Two Weeks of Our Lives

You don't realize how much you use and depend on your computer until it has a virus and doesn't work. I guess that is like many things in our life. Speaking of being grateful and thankful for many things in our lives these days.... We enjoyed the time we spent with our parents in Springfield for Thanksgiving.

Nephew Zander with niece Hattie!

I was able to visit one of my high school friends, Andrea (VanOverbeke) Samuelson, at the salon she owns in Mankato, MN. I had not seen Andrea since my wedding day, so it was great to see her and to catch up a little bit. I am so proud of her, her salon is so beautiful. Can't wait to see you again Andrea and hopefully your family is well.

We celebrated Christmas (yes Christmas) with Jason's dad, Bruce and step-mother, Paula. Santa showed up to suprise the kids. Santa was getting a little hot in his "santa suit" so he didn't stick around for long. I hope he is doing okay. It is always nice to see his brothers, their wives and kids.Ethan Netzke (6), Ethan (5) and Claire (3) McGregor, Madison Ward (6 mo), & Carlyn Ward (9)

This past weekend, we headed to Detroit Lakes to celebrate Miss Hattie's baptism. We are both very honored to be her Godparents. I drove from Virginia and Jason came from Hudson. I believe we only got an inch or so of snow Friday, but it seemed like a foot. The roads were snow covered so it took us a bit longer to get to DL. Our weekend was cut short on Sunday due to the snow again. We both wanted to get home in the daylight. However, despite the weather, we had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Welcome back to the digital world! Looks like the past two weeks have been filled with special time with family!