Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's Been A While

We've been busy lately and I haven't had much to say. We went to Springfield for Thanksgiving and spent time with both families. Since December started we have been doing seminars 2 days/week which has demanded a lot of my time. When I am home on the "other" days I am usually pretty tired so Nicole and I have just been sticking around home. We are cooking more and more trying new things and continue to find wine to stock up the cellar. It is a fun process to go through. We got our first shipment from Napa Valley this week, 3 bottles of Reserve Cabernet from Rubicon Estate, 2006 release. This was our favorite vineyard that we visited a month ago and we will get 5 shipments/year from them.
This weekend was a busy one. Nicole had the day off on Friday so she made Christmas cookies all day so we have that taken care of. On Saturday we did 90% of our Christmas shopping. The malls were so busy it was quite frustrating, but we did get to eat some sushi at Crave in Edina. On Saturday night I met with two clients and their wives for dinner. We ate at Murray's downtown and it was a pretty good time. We then went to The Shout House where one of my clients daughters plays piano and sings. She was very good, I would be so nervous to do that. We had fun but stayed out too late.
Sunday we put up the Christmas tree. The Christmas tree farm where we go in Hudson is now for sale and their inventory is getting low as they are not replanting trees. We found a nice Fraser and got it decorated today. It feels a little more like Christmas now.
This week we have our last seminar on Tuesday until January when we have a few more scheduled. Nicole has recipe club on Monday night and then on Wednesday she is going to a knitting class in Stillwater. She is back into knitting making hats for our friends The Affeldts who just had a newborn baby girl and also for Hattie Georgina.
We are looking forward to the Christmas holiday and look forward to seeing you all.
Be safe in your travels!

2 comments:

the ritchie's said...

great to hear from you guys again. Miss Hattie G loves her new hat. It is so darn cute. I wish we had a knitting class around here...I would totally be going with Nicole if I lived closer.
Take a picture of the Christmas tree...we want to see it. Did you put it upstairs or down? You take it easy J...you work too hard.

The Wards said...

Hey Em, we put the tree upstairs. I'll get a picture of it posted. I think it is leaning a little to the right.