Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend Update

We had a busy weekend. On Friday after work we headed to Detroit Lakes to get my braces tightened. It has been almost 2 months and to move to the next level (which is GETTING THEM OFF) I need to get regular tightenings. We are going again in January and then maybe just 1 more time after that if the "Good Doctor" thinks they look good. He is very happy with the bottom teeth, still working on the top teeth.
So we arrived in DL on Friday night about 8:30. Ryan and I went to the office for about 30 minutes and the work was done. I know I keep saying this, but it is true, but I seriously feel no pain and we watch TV and chat and it is quite relaxing. Not too many people find the dentist chair relaxing, but for me it is.
We had a full day planned back home on Saturday so we got up and played with Hattie for about an hour and then we were on the road back to Hudson. The Ritchie's had a full weekend planned as Grandma and Grandpa were coming up to watch Hattie while Ryan and Emily went to their company Christmas Party.
Nicole and I stopped Room and Board on our way home and found one more piece of furniture that we have been shopping for and that is a media console for our bedroom. Our TV in our bedroom has been sitting on an ottoman since we moved home in September and it looks pretty "ghetto". So we finally found a deal at Room and Board and we should have it this Saturday unless the winter storm delays the delivery.
After Room and Board we met Jeb in Woodbury for a wine tasting at Cellars (a wine shop). They had their Top 8 Wines of 2009 so we got to taste them all. We were very impressed with 2 wines and 1 was pretty good.
Saturday night we were invited to a Christmas party at Scott and Jeri Nelson's, friends of ours in the development. Scott and Jeri are from St. James so we have that small town connection. They are the nicest people and Scott and I have played golf together for 5 years now. It was also made public that night that Jeb and Kaylan are expecting their 1st baby! It gave us another reason to celebrate (excluding Kaylan) who is stuck with sparkling wine for the next 9 months. I think her actual due date is the 1st weekend of August or the last weekend in July, right around our big golf tournament in Troy Burne. Congratulations Jeb and Kaylan!
On Sunday Nicole and I spent the day cleaning up around the house. Nicole also made a Barbera Roast with mashed potatoes. This is the menu we are thinking about for Christmas on the 26th. I think it is great but that will ultimately be up to her. We are going to do a few appetizers and a nice dinner paired with some good California wines.

2 comments:

the ritchie's said...

Oh yum. I nominate your house for Easter this year!! Nicole is the best chef ever. Oh guess what? Saturday afternoon we went to a new store I found in Vergas called CoCo's. They have great Christmas decorations. I'm thinking we will have to check it out after Christmas for the 75% off sale. What do you think? I need more decorations for my tree!!

The Wards said...

We are in. Don't buy it all until we get up there in January.