Thursday, February 18, 2010

DANCE LESSONS

Well someone in our group of friends here at Troy Burne thought it would be a great idea if several couples got together to take dance lessons. So, tonight is opening night. There are six couples participating including us (Wilson's, Gagne's, Quinn's, Nelson's Thompson's). We have signed up for 6 lessons and are going to attempt to learn two dances. I have a feeling that it is going to be a bit chaotic and just picture the guys making fun of each other the entire time. I will write back after tonight and let you know how it really is. I am hoping my younger years of watching Dirty Dancing pay off tonight---our babysitter growing up (I won't mention names) made us watch that movie every day one summer. Thinking back, I am not sure that was appropriate. Oh how things change.

So if you have been reading the blog lately, you will notice that unknowingly, Jason and I both wrote on the blog about our past weekend. You can read them both and see our different styles. From my perspective, Jason is more detailed and I give a more general outlook. I think it has to do with my schooling where we always had to try to be short and to the point (say as much as you can in as few as words as possible). Also take note that Jason forgot to mention the Pictionary game that the men had no chance at. Next Christmas---gift idea: drawing lessons for Jason! Good thing Jeb is a great guesser. He can guess the right animal Jason is drawing from something that looks like a snake or a line with four legs.

We are looking forward to my parents coming to visit this weekend. My dad has not yet seen our finished basement so we are looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Katie Wilhelmi said...

Sounds Like Fun. :) What two dances are you learning?!