Friday, February 19, 2010

Rumba and Swing

5 couples showed last night. The Wards, Wilsons, Gagnes, Thompson's, and Nelsons. We missed the Quinn's as Matty is in the middle of TAX SEASON and couldn't break away.
We learned the Rumba and the Swing on our first of 6 dance lessons. We had a lot of fun. I think I was the worst dancer of the men. I look kind of like a robot, counting all the steps and not bending my legs. I have the steps down though, now I just have to loosen up a bit. Next week we have off as the Wilsons are in Mexico so 2 weeks and we're ready to go again. I think we'll add more steps into these 2 dances the next couple of sessions, but our instructor is dying to teach us Salsa, which she says is the hottest dance in the cities now where you can go out 5 nights/week for live salsa music. Hmmm, where would I find the time for that?
After dinner we all went to Shanghai Bistro, the new hotspot in Hudson. It still looks like the Country Kitchen on the outside, but we had fun inside. Food was good, everyone said so which was impressive as Jeb is tough to please in the food category. Shelly Thompson tried sushi for the first time and she liked it. We watched the Gopher BB team beat up on the Badgers and the bartender was a Badger fan so it was even more fun.
Tonight we are going to a Scotch Tasting at Midland Hills Country Club. My good friend Tom Kingsley is a liquor rep and he is tasting 6 high end scotches tonight for a group of close friends and their wives. Should be a good group of about 15 couples.
Looking forward to George, Michelle, and Zander staying with us this weekend. Nicole is on call at Fairview this weekend, but we'll still fit in some fun. I hope to take Zander sledding on our hill off the side of our driveway. The snowplow has made quite a hill.

No comments: