Monday, October 27, 2008

A Weekend of Gopher WINS, Family, and SNOW!

We spent another great weekend in Detroit Lakes. Hattie, our beautiful niece is now nearly 2 weeks old and she is changing every time we see her. Check out her huge smile. On Saturday when we arrived we watched the Gopher Football team improve its record to 7-1. Then we spent the afternoon hitting some of the "hotspots" in DL, which include but are not limited to Norby's (clothing), Brewed Awakening (caffiene fix), and good ol JC Penney. Saturday night we went to a local favorite called Bleacher's for a great burger and a few pints. They also had shuffleboard there (not old person shuffleboard), the kind of shuffleboard my neighbor Brian has in his basement. It's a great game that despite having played many games of, I still found myself on the losing end to the Orlin/Nicole team. My partner Allison was very good for her 1st time playing, and we'll get them next time. Then Gopher Hockey took care of the rest of our evening as they waxed the Badgers 5-2 for a 3 point weekend. Really, does it get any better than a Gopher football/hockey win weekend.
Sunday we were treated to a great breakfast by the Chef of the Ritchie house, Dr. Ryan Ritchie. Then it was off to the dentist's chair for this guy. We spent 2 hours putting on braces and watching football. Ryan's assistant Megan came in on her day off to help and it was completely pain free. I am very appreciative of that, and also very appreciative of Ryan for taking the time to put my braces on. He is really a great dentist and I got to witness that this weekend. The worst part about braces is that I look hideous (tin grin, metal mouth, railroad tracks, I've heard em all), but my favorite reason for getting braces is this: "I wanted to look 15 years younger".
We also nearly got snowed in this weekend as DL picked up 3-5 inches on Sunday, but we made it home safely. Until next time.... Go Panthers! Enjoy the pictures and let the ridicule begin.



1 comment:

the ritchie's said...

J.- I think that your braces look great. Those who make fun of you are just jealous that their teeth will not be perfect like yours one day soon. Thanks again for coming for the weekend. It is always great to see you both. Now we have to make it up to the Range.