Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

We had a good weekend, boy was it busy. On Friday night after work I went to help my brother Ryan move into his new house. He and my brother Andy had most of the heavy lifting done before I got there, but they saved some of the heavy stuff for me as they say I am the strongest brother, HA!. Their house is very nice and it was exciting to move them in. My brother was excited to get his DirecTV setup with DVR. It was nice that he got DirecTV as he got $100.00 off and I got $100 for a referral. It was also great to see my mother whom I haven't seen since her birthday in August. Miss you mom!
After I finished helping there I met Nicole and the Snyder's (Brent and Courtney) for dinner. We went to Court's favorite Asian place in White Bear called The Orchid. The food was great. We then went back to our place to watch Twilight, one of Brent's favorite movies. It was pretty good and now we await the release of the sequel in November called New Moon.
Nicole was on call this weekend so she called the hospital on Saturday morning to see if there were any orders. There were 3 orders, so it was a full day for her. I went to my AGR board meeting at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday and I dropped Nicole off at Fairview. My meeting was about 2.5 hours and Nicole was at the hospital until 3:00. After I picked her up we were both tired so we decided to sell our Gopher football tix and go home and watch the game on TV. Plus Nicole had 2 hours of dictations to do. We decided at halftime of the Gopher game to get a bite to eat so we went to a new restaurant in Stillwater called The Kitchen. The food was good so we will go back. We came home to watch the 4th quarter of the Gopher game and it was a good one. Adam Weber had a career game with over 400 yards passing and 5 TD's as the Gophers beat Michigan St. Iowa also won to improve to 9-0, their best start in school history. I'm sure Happer is enjoying the Hawkeye season very much.
On Sunday Nicole checked with the hospital again and this time no orders so she had the day off, which was great as Troy Burne had its end of the year tournament today. This is just a day where all the members play golf and they empty out all the beer coolers, booze bottles, all pro shop items that didn't sell and couldn't be returned. It ends up being a fun day. We played with Brent and Courtney but we didn't play great. We had a lot of fun though. There weren't any good women's clothes left but I got a nice shirt which I gave to my neighbor Brian and I got a new Nike putter that I sold to my neighbor Tim. I have enough golf gear and the only club I am considering is a new driver, but that will be next year. It was a fun weekend and below are some pictures from today's golf.


Meet The Snyders "Brent and Courtney"









Oh, those newlyweds!









Nicole spent much of the day trying to kick the rust off her swing. You'll notice no pictures of me as I was doing the same thing.





Courtney driving another one down the middle!




Nicole very excited about Courtney's birdie putt falling on #2 (Thanks to Brent for putting us about 3 feet away!

No comments: