Saturday, November 14, 2009

Maui Day 10 (Head For Home)

We had a long trip scheduled home on Friday. It was a brutal day filled with airports, layovers and jet lag. We left the Maui Ocean Club at 8:00 a.m. We returned the rental car and headed to the airport for our 10:30 a.m. departure. Our first trip was a short one from Maui to Honululu. Only a 30-minute flight, but then a 1 hr 40 minute layover there. From there we were onto San Francisco, a flight of a little over 5 hours and a 2 hour time change. Then we had another 2 hour layover in San Fran. Now, here is where the trip got UGLY! From San Fran, we couldn't find a reasonable direct flight home so we found a one stop in Atlanta. This was another 4 plus hour flight with another 3 hour time change, another 1 hr layover and finally onto Minneapolis. We left our hotel at 8:00 a.m. on Friday and we landed in Minneapolis at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. This was a 25 hour day with 5 hours of time changes. Yuck. We are both feeling it tonight. Nicole decided to spend the day resting and watching the Gopher football game (barely escaping with a victory 16-13 over SDSU). I decided to fight jet lag by playing golf. Brent and John Reigstad and I headed out at noon today. It was cold at first but we walked the front 9 and it turned out to be a pretty nice day. Brent gave me 11 shots today as he could see the jet lag on my face. I played ok and shot 82, but Brent had me beat by hole 15 as he was 2 under through that point. He ended up shooting a 1 under 70 with one bogey on the last hole. I think it was good for me to get out and get some fresh air, but as I sit and write this blog tonight I am watching Gopher Hockey (currently up 2-1 over Bemidji State) I am very tired.
Tomorrow will be more of the same, laundry and resting preparing to go back to work on Monday. Michelle and Zander are staying over tonight so we are having fun entertaining our 3 year old nephew. He is growing up so fast and is very smart, but still FULL of energy. Nicole loves to entertain him. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: