Friday, January 8, 2010

Old Truck Still Running....

The last 2 mornings driving to Mpls have given me a lot of time to think. My commute yesterday was 2 hours and 20 minutes and my commute today was 1 hour 20 minutes (this is 1 way of course). I start to envy my sister in law and brother in law (Ryan and Em) living in DL where commutes are 10 minutes no matter where you go. There simply is nothing good that can be said about a commute that long, but I found the silver lining so I thought I would share it. My old truck, it continues to run, it continues to start and I feel safe in between the steel walls of that beast. I looked down this morning and the odometer said 162,000 exactly. That made me nervous, so I won't venture far with her, but it continues to get me safely where I need to go.

2 comments:

the ritchie's said...

J. If it makes you feel any better it took me 12 minutes to get from daycare to the high school. It normally take 10 but I got stuck behind a slow school bus. :) Yes we do NOT miss the commutes at all.
Oh and p.s. it only take me 2 minutes when I don't have to go around the lake to drop off the Hatstir. Those are the best mornings!!

Hope you are both staying warm.

The Wards said...

quit rubbing it in..