Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Continued....

I have 3 pictures to share with you from Sunday and Monday. On Sunday we got up, logged our miles on the trails and then headed to breakfast at the Quarry. From there we had an 11:40 tee time, we both played pretty well again, this time tying at 89. I was playing solidly until the last 2 holes where I had 4 penatly shots. I guess I got nervous as Nicole was so close to me. She broke 90 twice at the Quarry this weekend, which now means she has to back up and play the white tees, no more ladies tees. It isn't the length of the course that hurts her anyway, it is the putting, she will probably score no differently from the whites, it will just work different irons for her.
On Monday it was a cloudy/windy day so we decided no golf and made a day trip up to Ely. Ely is about an hour north of where we live and it is a nice town. We had lunch at the Chocolate Moose (with an anniversary gift certificate we received from Michelle and George). It was quite good, but the most interesting part of it was the number of people that were eating there that had just returned from the Boundary Waters. These people looked like they had been through hell and back. Their faces were beat red, they were dirty and they looked like they were starving. Remind me again please how that could be fun? I hear so many people say the Boundary Waters is fun, but it's not for my idea of a fun weekend. Anyway, hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend!

This is the view from #18 at the Quarry. This is also the view from their patio.
Nicole on the patio at the Quarry!
I always see this bar on the way to Ely, it is in Tower, MN and I always think it looks like a cool building. It may fall down at anytime, but certainly rustic. "The Iron Ore Bar"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa John probably tipped afew back there at one point back in the day when he was up there working.