Tuesday, May 19, 2009

She Slayed The Dragon

Well, I remember writing on the blog a few weeks back about Nicole never beating me in 18 holes of golf. She has beaten me many times in 9 holes, but never 18 holes. Well, that feat came to an end yesterday. We are enjoying 2 weeks together at the Ridge and the golf season has begun up here. We can play either course up here at a discounted rate of $25.00, not bad considering both are in Golf Digests' top 100 Public Golf Courses in the US. So we played the last 2 days and she almost beat me on Sunday and then last night she got me. It wasn't a real celebration because neither of us played very well. If we would have both played well and she beat me then it would be more enjoyable, but we both are struggling with our games right now, especially me. My driver is a foreign object in my hands and I honestly have no clue where it is going. I have 4 lessons coming up with Brent in June and boy does he have his work cutout for him. I have to be cured by the week of June 11th as my big golf trip with the boys is coming up fast. We are going to take on the #3 Golf Course in the US twice that weekend and our games need to be READY! That course is called Whistling Straits and it's in Kohler, WI. The PGA Championship is going to be held there next year, it was last held there in 2004.
I am proud of her that she beat me, but needless to say I am not happy about it. I was the last of my buddies to fall to her. I'll get her this weekend. Congrats Nicole!
This picture says "I may be a pretty face, but I will kill you on the golf course"
This picture says "This guy dresses way better than he plays" except for that belly, what's up with that?

1 comment:

the ritchie's said...

Way to go sis. I knew you would beat J eventually. Keep that pressure on him. Miss you both. Enjoy your two weeks up north.