Monday, April 12, 2010

Beautiful Weekend

I can't remember a better weekend as far as weather goes. It was just perfect. We spent the weekend on the golf course playing 18 both days.
On Saturday Nicole set some records, she shot her lowest round at Troy Burne ever and she beat me in 18 holes at Troy Burne, 1st time ever. She shot an 85, 43 on the front and 42 on the back. She actually played better than this and probably could have broken 80. Her goals for the year are set high, she wants to break 80 for 18 and break 40 for 9 holes. She has not done either yet. I have also set a goal for her that if she consistently shoots in the 80's that she moves off of the ladies tee and back to the resort tees. This will test different irons for her more frequently, and it is not really her length that is her weakness, it is short-game stuff, sand especially. If she improves in that area she's going to be very good.
I on the other hand am struggling with my game. I'm hoping it is early season rust that I need to practice a little and shake off, but I can't seem to put anything together out on the course. I have made a bunch of "big numbers", like on Saturday I made a 10 on a par 5, good lord, that is a lot of shots.

Saturday night we went to the 93rd Annual Founders' Day for Alpha Gamma Rho. I was elected to another 3-year term on the Board of Directors. Don't think too much of this, no one ran against me so I didn't beat anyone out. I enjoy being on this board and working with the college kids to make AGR a better place. It just takes effort and $$$. Founder's Day was held at the new TCF Bank Stadium. We rented the DQ Club which was amazing. They didn't spare a nickel on that stadium and here is what I can't figure out. How nice is the Twins Stadium going to be if they spent $450 million on it if TCF Bank Stadium is unbelievable and they spent $288.5 million on it. I can't wait to see Target Field.
We got a tour of the entire stadium on Saturday, anything and everything you wanted to see. The President's Suite, all the Loge boxes, the Indoor Club, the Gopher Locker Room, all amazing. We got to go out on the field which was cool, overall it was a great time.

On Sunday we played golf again, I played a little better shooting an 83 and beating Nicole for a change. We watched the Master's and cleaned up around the house. This week I have to re-stain the deck which is going to be NO FUN AT ALL. It needs to be done though.
Have a good week!

No comments: