Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthday Week

This week my beautiful wife was born in 1979. Her actual birthday is Thurs the 15th. We have a busy week planned but I honestly can say I love waking up to her every morning. She is getting more beautiful to me the older she gets. The big 31 is this Thursday.
Last night she had a "night out" with the ladies. 20 women got together at Anne Armstrong's for Recipe Club. She hustled home from work last night as she was one of the cooks (usually 5 women do the cooking for all the ladies). She made a great salad as the theme was "Salads" and her salad was voted the winner. She came home after 10:00 which is late for a school night so I knew she was having a good time.
I spent the afternoon and evening working on the deck, stripping off the old stain and getting it ready for new stain. I spent the last week calculating lineal feet trying to decide if we should put a composite deck on the house. My mom had this done and it looks great and is the "way to go" when it comes to low maintenance decking. They are warrantied for 25 years against warping and rotting. Every product you put out there is going to fade and stain, these products are guarranted not to for 5 years, but after that any wood is going to fade/stain. The cost to do just the floor of our deck (which is a small deck) was $1600) without labor. Now, this was using some of the higher end products available, but I decided our 5 year old deck was still "good wood" and just to re-stain it again. After 4 hours yesterday, another 4 today and another 3-4 on Saturday I am vowing now to start saving money for a new deck, composite next year. Ugh! It's so hard to be working on a deck on a beautiful sunny afternoon with a golf course staring you in the face.
Wednesday we are golfing with our best friends Brent and Courtney Snyder. Brent is so busy now with the golf season beginning that he hardly has any personal time, but we are going to get out for 9 holes on Wednesday. Then, Thurs is the big day. We are going to Stillwater to a new wine bar called Domacin. http://www.domacinwinebar.com/
On Friday we are going to a Sushi class at Cooks of Crocus Hill so we have a couple fun nights planned. The weekend we are going to do some mulching around the house and stain the deck. My grass is long enough to be mowed, but my mower is not going to be serviced until the 20th of April so I am going to have to borrow my neighbor Dave's mower.

2 comments:

katie wilhelmi said...

happy birthday a little early Nicole! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Love mom