Thursday, May 13, 2010

Busy Weekend


We left home this morning at 4:30 a.m. to get to the airport. Nicole is on her way to Martha's Vineyard for 4 days with her 3 sisters and her mom. They have always wanted to take a "girls only" trip and they are finally at a point in all their lives where they can do it. I hope they have great weather and have a great time. Knowing Nicole she will take a thousand photos so we'll get to see some next week I'm sure. She was flying to Boston with Ashley, Ally, and Michelle and then meeting Emily who is flying in from Fargo. From Boston they will rent a car and drive to the Ferry that takes them out to Martha's Vineyard.
My weekend is busy too and I am looking forward to it. Most of all some better weather as we finally have some sun and warmer temps coming in.
Tonight (Thurs) is my Men's League at Troy Burne. Last week was our first week and I was so busy trying to get teams lined up and get everyone where they were supposed to be that I played terribly (excuses, excuses). This week I am going to get there early and hit some balls on the range and play a lot better.
Friday I will work and then come home and play more golf, probably some light practice on the range and then head out on the course to work on a few things, especially driving and sand play, both areas where I am wasting shots. I have been putting magically this year so far so I hope that continues as the greens at Troy Burne continue to speed up. They will get harder to putt as the year progresses. So far, my stroke is good and I am making some good putts that are keeping my rounds from being even worse as my driving and sand has been quite bad.
Saturday I have 36 holes lined up. At 8:10 I am very much looking forward to playing with my friend Tom Kingsley. Tom moved to Austin, TX in April and he is coming back for the weekend so we are going to hit the links. After lunch I am going to play another 18 holes with Brent and Courtney Snyder, and likely Brent's dad, Bill or possibly his brother Kyle. I am just looking forward to a day on the course socializing and working on a game I love.
Sunday: My family is running/walking in a 5k called Get Your Rear In Gear. It is a Colon Cancer fundraiser event and this is our 1st year in the event. We had t-shirts made for our team and we are running as "Happer's Crew" in honor of our dad/husband who died of colon cancer 13 months ago. There are 11 of us who are going to participate this year and we hope to grow the team next year with friends and other relatives.
Sunday afternoon we have our first golf tournament at Troy Burne this year, a 2-man Best Ball. So, I run the race in the morning, tee off at 1 p.m. and then I have to pick Nicole up at the airport. I'm sure we'll both be tired after a great weekend.

No comments: