Friday, May 14, 2010

The Donkey Was Out Last Night

Between Brent Snyder and I we often refer to my golf game as "playing like a donkey". He'll ask me how I played and I'll say I hit it like a donkey. Too often lately my game has been referred to as donkey like. It is just a nice way of saying that I am playing like a "jackass". Well, unfortunately, the DONKEY was out in full-form last night. I shot my worst round of the year, quite disappointing. That is a 47! I simply didn't have it. I hit a total of 6 good shots in that round and honestly the score could have been a lot worse. The only positive I took away from last night is I got to play with 2 new guys at Troy Burne. We have worked hard this year to get new players to come to Troy Burne and there are a lot of new faces on Thursday nights, which is great. I am not letting my play get me down, but it is hard a little bit not too. I'll keep working on it and hope to put the donkey in the barn for a while.


On a positive note, I did get some nice pictures e-mailed to me from the girls from Martha's Vineyard last night. The weather looks good.


No comments: