Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sushi 101 Successful

Our day went about as planned except the weather was volatile. I mowed the lawn in the morning, Nicole went for a run. After I mowed our lawn I mowed another lawn. There is a house down the street from us about 8 lots away (back of the driving range) that is in foreclosure. The lawn is all weeds and dandelions and they are about 1 foot high. I guess being on the homeowners board makes me responsible for mowing the lawn of foreclosed homes. The board asked me to last week and then yesterday while I was minding my own business and mowing my own lawn one of the neighbors to this foreclosed home stopped over and asked me if I would mow it. Funny how that works isn't it. This particular house is going to be sold in public auction on June 22nd at 10:00 a.m. on the front steps of the Hudson courthouse. It will be the first house in Troy Burne that sells with a 2 in front of it. It was basically abandoned by the builder and we really have no idea who owns it. We were told it was a trust in New Jersey that owns it, but they haven't done anything to the property since it was built in 2006. I'm sure the pipes were frozen and broken and I noticed the wood floors through the window were warped pretty bad. It is going to be a steal for someone, but there is going to be some major expenses and a lot of TLC that needs to go into it. Anyway, I cut the weeds down in their yard.

After golf we went to Coastal Seafoods in Mpls to get our sushi. We got 1 lb of tuna (way too much for 2 people), 1 fillet of freshwater eel, (also way too much for 2 people) and 1 lb of fresh shrimp. We now know for next time that this is enough for 4 people easily.

After Coastal we went to the Farmer's Market to get some plants and herbs. It poured the entire time we were there. This pushed back our golfing as well.

When we got back to Hudson the rain was over but the wind was pushing at least 20 mph and gusts up to 30 mph easily. We play 9 holes and it was terrible wind so we decided to come home and get going on the sushi.

After sushi we played croquet, which I won 4 consecutive games. My grandma Nora loved to play croquet and I remember playing at her house and at our house growing up. Nicole needs some practice, but as competitive as she is, I'm sure she'll get better and beat me soon. We tied yesterday on the golf course.

Here are some photos from Saturday.

No comments: