Monday, February 16, 2009

A Day Off!

Happy President's Day! Jason had the day off because the markets are closed today and I decided to take the day off awhile ago. It has been snowing pretty much all day, so it is very pretty day out. Our trip to Ely yesterday wasn't as much fun as we were hoping. Basically, all the snow sculptures were ruined from the past weeks rain and warmer weather. Of all the snow sculptures, there was only one that you could tell what it was...A Cat (see picture with jason). Jason is headed back to Hudson/Mpls this evening so I am not really looking forward to a week here by myself, it just seems to make the week go slower. We are planning on heading to Springfield to visit family this coming weekend and are looking forward to that.

If anyone is looking for a new recipe to try... give this one a try. We had it this weekend and it was great and easy! I would recommend marinating it for several hours vs. just one hour for more flavor. Recipe for: Maple-Mustard Pork Loin with Roasted Potatoes http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/no-recipe-zone/maple-mustard-pork-loin-with-roasted-potatoes/article.html

Wishing Everyone a Happy Week!

2 comments:

the ritchie's said...

Hey,
I am going to give your recipe a try tonight. I already had a pork loin I bought sunday and so I'm going to give it a shot. Can't wait to try it.
Love the new picture on the top of your blog...too cute. Enjoy your weekend at home. Looking forward to your visit next weekend.

Jess said...

Ditto - love the new headline picture for your blog! You two are too darn cute!!!! Miss you!