Monday, February 2, 2009

Range Update

After spending last week apart, Nicole on the Range and me in the office, we were really looking forward to the weekend together. On Friday night my company Christmas party was going to be held at the Rock Bottom Brewery. It started at 6 p.m. and Nicole was planning on arriving at 8:30 or so as she had to work up north until 5 p.m. I arrived at the party after checking into our hotel room (Westin downtown, awesome place) and had 1 beer before my cell phone rang. It was Nicole and the Saab had broken down just north of North Branch, about 1 hour from downtown. She called AAA, and they were on their way. I left the party to go pick her up. I beat AAA there by a good 20 minutes. Then they came and towed the Saab to North Branch and we headed back to the party. We made it for the last 1hr or so and it was a good time. From Rock Bottom, Nicole and I and my boss Mark and his wife Karen went to the "Living Room", which is the new lobby bar at the W hotel. It is a great place in the Foshay Tower. They also have a great bar on the 27th floor called Prohibition. On Saturday we slept in and then had a nice breakfast at Keys.
Saturday night we went to our friends Matt and Lindsey Quinn in Ellsworth, WI. We went with the Wilson's and Gagnes'. It was so much fun running around again with our old neighborhood friends, we miss them very much.
On Sunday we packed up and made our way back up north to watch the Super Bowl. What a great game, but I was cheering for the Cardinals.
Tonight, we got the news about the Saab and it is done for! We are calling salvage companies to see what they will give us for her and now we have some car shopping to do. Nicole and I both hate cars (amazing as my dad was a car dealer). We both view them as a waste of money and simply a means to an end. I think we will stay with Saab for Nicole's car, but it is up to her.
This weekend we have some friends coming to visit us, I am up north until Feb 16th, a nice 2 week time period. Have a great week!

2 comments:

the ritchie's said...

You and us both hate cars. J, you need to buy Nicole a new reliable car!!! Maybe the new LR3 or something :}

Anonymous said...

I would love to get an LR3 someday but not until she has a good job. The end is near!