Thursday, February 26, 2009

WGC Accenture Match Play

Just an update on golf because I am bored today. My coworkers in the ciy all left for the day as they are scared of a little snow. Try living up north for a while, the last time I was in Hudson all our snow was gone and we still have 3 feet up here. Anyway, I am in a pool for this Accenture Match play, similar to an NCAA pool that you get into. Instead of 64 teams there are 64 players in this. It goes Wednesday-Sunday and in case you hadn't heard it on the news, Tiger Woods is back.
Tiger won yesterday 3 & 2 (George, this means he was up 3 holes with only 2 to play).
So, after 8 months off of competitive play, he birdies the 1st hole and eagles the
2nd hole. Right now I am ahead in our pool, but whenever my friend Jeb Wilson is involved one has to be nervous because he has a horseshoe up his arse!! I swear he wins every pool he ever enters, but maybe this time I'll prevail. My next door neighbor Brian is also in and he is done for as 3 of his final 4 are gone on the 1st day, and Tom Kingsley lost 3 of his final 4 also. So imagine your NCAA board and you pick your final 4 teams and you lose 3 the first game. Pretty tough to win right? It's down to Jeb and I for the money!
Wilson, have fun in Aruba, I hope you fry like a lobster! Send me a postcard!
I am heading up to the Lodge to watch some of the golf as it is on the Golf Channel and we don't get that at the townhome. 2 things the TV company up here has never heard of, the Golf Channel and High Definition. Other than that, this is a great area. We have Showtime for some reason, but no Golf Channel or High Def! Boy would that be a no-brainer trade. Who watches Showtime anyway, what am I going to watch, Boxing?

No comments: