Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday Feb 24th

Today is my birthday! I am 31 years old. I was born in Mankato, MN at 2:02 in the PM. My lovely wife Nicole surprised me this morning with oatmeal pancakes and she even took the day off to stay home with me. We are going to Duluth this afternoon and evening for some shopping and dinner.

This afternoon our next door neighbor from Hudson, Dina Gagne, stopped by to visit us. Dina is an oncology pharmaceutical representative for Novartis and she calls on doctors and hospitals in Duluth and Virginia. She was kind enough to stop over with a birthday present for me (Dina, I am trying to lose weight), but the carameled apples she brought look unbelievable. Dr. Ritchie (dentist) I promise not to eat caramel or apples as they will certainly break my wires on my braces (wink, wink).

Nicole and I left for Duluth around 3 p.m. today and did some grocery shopping. We went to Bellisio's in Duluth for a glass of wine and then to dinner at our favorite restaurant in Duluth, Va Bene Berarducci's Caffe.

It was a great day and thanks to all who called and e-mailed and wrote on the blog for your wishes.


Check out these apples. There is a Strawberry cheesecake, Campfire Smore, Snicker, and a Vanilla Butter.

Dinner at Va Bene. In the daylight, the window behind us is clear blue as it sits over Lake Superior.

7 comments:

the ritchie's said...

Happy Birthday Brother Jason. Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jason!!
Hope you guys have a fun day!! Lots of Love!!
Ally

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Jas - remember when we had to share b-day cakes growing up?! ha/ha

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite son-in-laws. Hope you have a great day.
Michelle

Zander & Co. said...

happy birthday uncle jason.
wuv zander

allytauer said...

Yummmmy! What one was your favorite?! I'll take the campfire smore! Can't wait to come visit, hopefully soon!

The Wards said...

hey ally, I didn't eat any yet. I will have to cut it up pretty small to not do any damage to my braces. Ritchies, we'll bring one this weekend if you have a favorite? Maybe Hattie will be ready for one.