Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend of Feb 21st

We spent the weekend in Springfield visiting our parents. I was in Hudson last week so Nicole and I drove seperately. It is a long drive from Virginia to Springfield by yourself and it is boring. My dad had a lot of visitors this weekend including my sister Shelly, her husband Tom and their 3 girls. My brother Ryan and his daughter Carlyn, Nicole and I, my cousins from Iowa drove up on Saturday, some of them driving 7 hours from Des Moines. Everyone wants to see my dad. People in town stop by all the time. There are more cookies and bars in our house than one should ever have. I ate at least 100 cookies over the weekend or as my wife tells me 10,000 calories. Hap's favorite thing to do is visit with all the guests and he doesn't want to rest at all when people are over, even though he needs to. On Sunday he slept in until 2 p.m. catching up from Saturday's activities. The only thing he said to my mom on Sunday morning was to wake me up in time for the golf, which began at 2 p.m. I talked to him last night after the golf was over (I know better than to bother him during) and he was happy that Phil Mickelson had held on to win, even though he trailed until he birdied 16 and 17 and parred 18 to win it. Steve Stricker put on a good show yesterday, but bogeyed 18 and Phil beat him by 1.
We had a great weekend visiting family, Nicole attended her cousin Elizabeth's baby shower, saw both sets of grandparents and we visited her family for a little while on Saturday night. George got 2 new TV's, a new 46 inch for the living room and a new 37 inch for the basement. Welcome to the world of High Def George, it's a beautiful place to be. Now George, trying watching golf on it, it is the best color you can possibly get. Might even make you want to play the game. :)
That's all for now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah right, good luck w/George golfing or at least admitting that he's enjoying himself doing it. Michelle