Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Braces...Gone!

I took the day off yesterday and drove to Detroit Lakes to see my favorite brother-in-law and the best dentist in the world. It was a flawless day. I again felt no pain and the process was very quick. I spent 1 hour and 20 minutes with Ryan removing braces, getting all the cement off my teeth and then rebuilding my front tooth (skiing accident from high school). Then I went to the hygenist for a cleaning, x-rays, the whole gammet. To my surprise, I had no cavities which was great. I will now wear top and bottom retainers for 6 months and after that I will only have to wear them at night. I now have to re-train myself to smile with my teeth again. For 17 months I smiled with no teeth so now that they are done and looking good, I'll try to break them out a little more.

Ryan, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You spent hours and hours working on me and I am very grateful. You are a brilliant dentist!

3 comments:

Zander & Co. said...

holy moley! who is this?? a SMILING JASON? looookin good! congrats!

Anonymous said...

OWW OWW!!! :)

:) ally

the ritchie's said...

Well, I couldn't have done it without your teeth. Your smile did turn out nice. Glad to see you smiling again. I think the results we got for less than a year and a half in braces was worth the 17 months of not smiling. Good thing I always reminded you to wear your rubber bands! :)