Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday Night "Not So" Live

Nicole worked all day and when she got home she was "starving". If it's one thing I've learned in this 6 years of marriage and 16 years of friendship (can you believe it, we started dating 16 years ago this Thursday, March 25th) is that you don't mess with Nicole when she is tired or hungry. So, when she got home I immediately took her to dinner. We went to the Dock Cafe in Stillwater, a great spot on the river. The sun was setting and it was beautiful. Our food was very good too, she had a mushroom chicken breast and I had shrimp linguine. We hurried home after dinner as Nicole had at least 3 more hours of dictating and scoring to do. It was a very busy day for her. I went to bed at 11:30 last night and she was still working. I think she came to bed a little after midnight.
This morning we slept in and then went to 10:30 mass. We ran some errands after church and got some groceries (typical suburban life). I watched some of the golf tournament, we took a nap, and then Nicole went for a run and I worked out in the yard. We got all the plants and bushes trimmed and chopped down (it was so nice out today). I worked on some development stuff (boring) and then we made dinner. We are working on our 2nd bottle of wine (oops)! Off to catch up on some TV shows that we missed this week.
I got a new driver from Brent yesterday and I hit it from the driveway today out to the driving range. I "smoked" about 10 in a row with it, so I'm hoping to take it to the course on Friday and win some money. We have a company scramble on Friday at the Ocean Course at Hilton Head. I peeked at my team and by the looks of it, I am going to have to play VERY WELL for us to have a chance, and my back will likely be very sore.

No comments: