Friday, March 5, 2010

Dancing and Dining

Yesterday was a beautiful day in Mpls. Nicole and I cut out of work early and walked around Lake Calhoun. It was 43 degrees and sunny and the lake was packed with runners and walkers. We then had our 2nd dance class which was pretty fun. I struggled with the swing and the new step that we added. We need to practice that one a lot more but we really feel good about the Rumba. I just don't think we'll ever use the Rumba as the music is not our style. The Swing will be much more usable to country music or "big band", but I stink at that one so we'll see how it goes.
We got some good news at dance class, our friends Jeb and Kaylan had been at their doctors appt and got the sex of their new baby. They are going to have a baby boy and everything is looking great so far. They were very excited, Jeb especially as he will have a golf partner for life now.
After dancing we went out to dinner at Axel's in Woodbury. It was our friend Brian Thompson's 38th b-day so 8 of us went out to dinner. We had a great time, it was funny, all the men sat on one side of the table and all the woman on the other side. It was like a high school dance. The food was excellent. We even got home at a reasonable hour which was nice.
Tonight we are headed out with our friends Dan and Jess Watje. Looking forward to seeing them.

2 comments:

the ritchie's said...

Wow the dancing sounds like it is going really well. Now tell me J, why can't a girl be a golf partner for life?? huh?!?! Congrats to the Wilson's too.
Oh and I was thinking you should put a count down on your blog with the number of days until your get your beautiful smile back :) what do you think?

The Wards said...

I agree that I should put a counter up, can you help me figure that out?
I think a girl can be a golf partner for life, Nicole is mine!
The dancing is going ok. I think we have the Rumba down really well but the music is not something we would ever listen to so the one we need to get figured out is the swing and that is our worst. The steps are harder and faster and would be the most likely dance for country music which is what we listen to mostly.