Thursday, March 25, 2010

Off to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

Today is the day we leave for Hilton Head and we are both very excited. I just decided a few weeks ago that I was going to tag along. Every 2 years, Jason's company takes the "traders" on a golf trip. This year, unlike the others, many of the wives are going along. Anyways, it worked out that I was able go with. Jason leaves today around 4pm and gets in around 10pm. I on the other hand, my flight was scheduled for 7am. For those of you who have not traveled with me before, I love to be at the airport early because I hate the anxiety of possibly missing the flight and you never know how long security takes these days. Well, this time I thought getting there only 1 hour early would be fine (I usually do 2 hours or more, but I didn't feel like getting up at 3am). Jason dropped me off around 6am and the line to get through Security was the longest I have ever seen it in my many travels. Well, I found a line called "Expert Traveler" that I decided to sneak into. I figured I have traveled several times in my days and I knew what I was doing. There were about 25-30 people in this line compared to about 100 in the other. It still took me over 20 minutes to get through that line. By the time I got to the gate, they were already boarding the plane. All was good, until we started backing out and then all of a sudden the pilot announced that the mechanics had noticed a "bubble" in the tire and it needed to be checked out. Well, I had a connecting flight in Charlotte, NC about 45 minutes after I was supposed to land. So, the engineers had to check out the tire and decide if the plane needed a new tire or they could get the bubble out another way. It only took them 1 1/2 hours to decide that it needed a NEW tire and then another hour to put on the tire. Needless to say, I am now sitting in the Charlotte airport waiting on "Stand-by" for the 2:30 flight. I am so bummed because I was supposed to get to Savannah, GA at 12:20 and then to Hilton Head probably by 2pm. I was so looking forward to enjoying the day at Hilton Head by myself and seeing what the resort was all about. Now, I am just hoping to get there later today/tonight and not have to spend the night in the airport. I will have all day Friday to do what I want, I may decide to go golfing, but it would be by myself at Heron Point. Otherwise I am just going to relax and explore the resort/area. Jason and his co-workers are playing a golf tournament on Friday so I won't see him much. However, on Saturday, I will get to play golf with the guys at Harbour Town. I am hoping the weather is nice because Jason surprised me with a new golf skort, jacket, and hat from PUMA. I LOVE it---Thanks Jason! For those of you that know me, I love PUMA golf clothing for several reasons including the fun colors and not everyone wears it. This new outfit is a little bright pinkish-redish color. This was a very nice gesture, however, we had a bet a few weeks ago that I won and I said I wanted a new shirt or skort from PUMA. He did owe me from last years bet that he never paid up when I beat him in 18 holes, something he said I would never do. I hope my golf game is okay this weekend. Jason is excited because he is trying out 2 new drivers. He tried one of them from our yard yesterday and all three shots were perfect. The true test will be this weekend.

Well, I did not get on the 2:30 flight so I am waiting for the 4:20 flight, which I do have a seat for. I am excited to see what the resort is like. I will post pictures as soon as I am able to take some.

It is 7pm EST and I finally made it to Sea Pines Resort at Hilton Head. It is beautiful. Everyone is wearing kilts and have English accents, love it. Jason will not be in until 11pm or after so I am going to go tour around the resort before it gets too dark. I will post some pictures soon. By the way, the Savannah airport is adorable....I am not sure if an airport can be, but this one is. It is nice and small, clean and very unique.

No comments: