Friday, March 12, 2010

We Missed Dance

Nicole had 3 evals at the hospital yesterday and it took her right through dance class. I was traveling yesterday also and hustled back to St. Paul to make it and my partner didn't make it. So, I decided not to go alone. We met our group for dinner after dance and found out that Brian's wife (Dina) didn't make it either, and Scott's wife (Jeri) was at a funeral so 2 of the boys danced with the instructor, so it probably was good that I didn't go as 3 with the instructor would have been a lot. They talked about a new step that they learned that was very hard and now we're really nervous because our old steps were hard enough for us, and now the new one is harder and we weren't there. Oh boy!
Dinner was at a new restaurant in Woodbury called Appertif and it was a very cool place. I just don't know how all these restaurants make it, they keep popping up though and it was packed last night. Food was very good.
This weekend we are busy, tonight we are hanging with our friends (Brent and Courtney Snyder). Tomorrow is spinning and yoga in the morning and Nicole is on call this weekend. A friend of hers, Katie, who is also a psychologist moved into a new house yesterday so Nicole covered for her at the hospital yesterday and is taking her on call shift this weekend so they can move in. She is engaged to a guy from Sleepy Eye named Dan Schwartz (he is the nephew of Mike and Michelle Schwartz) who were neighbors of George and Michelle and all the girls growing up in Springfield. We met him at the Natalis Christmas Party this year and they are very nice people. He is actually an attorney that I can stand, he and my good buddy John Jeske. Oh, that brings me to a joke my buddy Brian Thompson always tells about lawyers. "You know what the biggest tragedy in the world is?" A busload of attorneys going over a cliff with an empty seat!
Cheers!

2 comments:

Zander & Co. said...

hmm, I saw Dan out at Gastof's last night. He must have needed a break from moving. He mentioned that he had met you guys and had great things to say about you two as well (of course!) But side note: they aren't married yet!

The Wards said...

Thanks for the clarification Ash. I didn't have my facts straight. I assumed they were married when I saw the ring. The other mistake I made that my wife pointed out is that they moved from Plymouth to St. Paul so it is quite possible we could see them more.